Saturday, August 30, 2008

Shiny Things and Girls :-)

Okay, one more word..... Emeralds!!!!!! Wow! Did you know that the finest emeralds in the world are found in Colombia? Or that about 60% of the world's emeralds are mined right here in Colombia?

Well, I just had the greatest shopping experience ever!!!! Diana, a friend from CNG, took a couple of us to the home/shop of an emerald dealer. Oh, my gosh! The stones were beautiful!!! And I found so many things that I would love to have.... Unfortunately, I don't have $20,000 laying around. Or for that matter not even $5000. But I did find something that I can afford. It is the most beautiful ring with emeralds and diamonds in a line, set in yellow gold. I also found some matching earrings that I almost didn't take out when I left!!!! He is making the set for me and I will pick them up next Saturday. I can hardly wait!!!!!!

I really like it here :-)

2 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

OOoohh! How swanky! I gotta see pics of them when they arrive!
PS - I see blue "Priuses" all around town and think about you!

Laurel said...

That's my birthstone, so feel free to send a few my way. :) I'm back to teacher detail tomorrow . . . glad you are having fun.