Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I did it!!!

You know,life is not about the amount of money you make. Or how fancy a car you drive. It's not even about how many friends you have. No, life is about succeeding at those little things that REALLY make a difference. For example, today I finally experienced such a success. Today, I called and ordered my dinner for delivery!!!

I know this may not seem like much to most of you, but trust me, this was a BIG deal. After the fiasco with the first attempt, a number of days ago, I was leery of even trying again. But not one to let little disasters get the better of me, I did make another attempt. Well, and this time I had help! I used Babblefish (thank you thank you thank you to Erin Z.!!!!!) and I WROTE DOWN the phrases I would need and then I PRACTICED THEM out loud until I was sure I had them mastered. Then I dialed. They answered and asked ..... well, okay, so I'm not sure what they asked, but I let them know that I did not speak very much Spanish and I proceeded to place my order. There were more questions that I simply ignored, going on with my well-rehearsed ordering conversation. And..... SUCCESS!!!! I actually had a super delicious Olivetto's Calzone for dinner!!! And I ordered it all my myself!!!! (I of course called down to my portero, Christian, immediately with the good news (he was the one who ordered the last time, as I stood by tearfully. He was thrilled as well!)

So you see, it's the small things in life that matter. So, 'tranquillo' everyone. Don't worry about the big stuff. Just enjoy the little things that really matter!!


(I would have added a picture of the sublime Calzoni, but I ate it before I got a chance to snap a photo.....)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me....we are having the back to school bar b que here next Monday afternoon...maybe we could arrange a skype call..miss you..love s & r

Christina said...

Ah, so I finally read ALL of your posts (since I am currently out of internet at my house). I just have to tell you that I laughed multiple times while reading... Isabella, panty organization, and ordering calzones... Hahaha! It sounds like you are having an amazing time! I love you so so much.

erinz said...

A blog shout out...thanks so much! Glad to hear you are well and enjoying yourself. Can't wait to read the next installment! Take care!