Friday, August 8, 2008

Usaquen

On Sunday we all had a wonderful outing to an outdoor market ~ arts, toys, foods, leathers.... It was wonderful. In fact, I was lucky enough to even find some art for my cute little apartment! It is about two and a half feet square, etched and painted aluminum. I love the colors and it looks GREAT in my apartment.

We wandered around and looked at all the beautiful crafts and I ate the best snack ever!! It was green mango sprinkled with salt and lime juice (which they call lemon juice....). It is OUTSTANDING!!! I can't wait to go back because there are so many things I can start buying for Christmas presents. I know, I know.... I 'm a bit early, but seriously you should see this place.

We ate at the Bogota Beer Company and tried lots of yummy traditional Colombian foods. Here is one of those 'statue guys' and then some of my friends at the Bogota Beer Company: Diana (a science teacher), Michelle (new here), and my math partner Dahlia. Then a nice trio: Stephanie (new here), Aaron, and the most wonderful Maria Cristina!!





No comments: