Saturday, August 28, 2010

Welcome to Dubai!

It's the beginning of a new school year, and it's the beginning of a new adventure for me! Traveling to the Middle East was not a decision made lightly. I would be on the complete opposite side of the world from my family and friends ~

Living here, though, is the chance of a lifetime. I want to learn more about this culture about which not much seems to be known in the west. I want the opportunity to travel to places that I have only seen in movies and dreamed about. There is so much world out here ~ and I want to see as much of it as I can.

So, here I am in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Living in the middle of the desert, experiencing a new culture, and finding it difficult to call for delivery since I don't even have an address!! But things are shaping up! I can direct the Pizza Hut guy to my apartment in the sand, and I have made a home out of my echoing apartment.


Here's my living room ~



And a view of my kitchen from the living room...

... and from the doorway:


Here's my dining room ~



And the adjoining guest bathroom ~


My bathroom is pretty similar ~


And my sanctuary ~


Here with my new shelves!!!


And here is the view from my dining room window ~ see, I really do live in the desert!!! You can also see one of the 'villas' across the street from my apartment.




Luckily, our building comes equipped with a rooftop pool!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Your place looks so home-y. <3

rachel said...

Kathy! I didn't know you were in Dubai! I've been thinking about you, wondering where in the world you are (literally) and hoping things are going well for you. Looks like they are! I look forward to watching your adventures!

Kathy said...

Hi!!!! It's been such a long time! Rachel, my pages come up with Arabic, so I can't see where I can leave a comment for you personally or how to email you. my email is still camasmagnolia@gmail.com. I would love to hear from you and catch up.