Friday, July 8, 2016

Back to Egypt!

As if this summer trip has not been awesome enough already, I also get to return to Egypt!!  I was so overwhelmed by the history - stories and artifacts that sparked my imagination as a child - that the idea of going twice in one year is a bit... well, overwhelming!  But here I go!  How extremely lucky I am that I have friends in the coolest places on the planet!!  Thank you, Diana, for opening your home and your heart to us for this short but awesome trip!!!

First stop - the three of us headed to the great pyramids at Giza!  Awe-inspiring!!!!  And the pyramids are pretty cool, too ;)



















As this was David's first visit to the pyramids, we felt we owed it to him to take the obligatory goofy pics!!!!  He was a pretty good sport about it :)


Diana and I were great sports! hehehe






And of course, there had to be a camel ride!!!!  Diana chose, on this, her... was it seventh visit? ... not to ride one!










They are so amazing today - I can't even imagine how grand they must have been when first built!!!



Panorama stop!!! 
 


















And a shot with our driver.  Well, Diana's driver, who was also a great guide!








These pyramids are really, REALLY big, and so I had a little trouble getting the whole thing in for this "see-how-big-the-pyramid-is-compared-to-me" shot....


Got it!




And then we made our way over to the sphinx.  Oh, you might notice the extra head gear being sported by David - that was given to him by a man who was bound and determined to make a sale.  I think David did actually break down and buy something from him just to get him to stop following us!!!!








One of my favorite sites on the planet!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love the contrast of ancient pyramids and the modern city in the distance. So cool!