Saturday, July 19, 2014

And finally, the city we had all been waiting for.... Dubrovnik!

As an avid Game of Thrones fan (book and series!), I was very eager to finally make it to Dubrovnik.  And I have to say, the city did not disappoint - even though we chose not to take the (very expensive) GoT tour.  As "touristy" as this city is, it somehow maintains it's old world charm.  I loved it ~

Our first glimpse!


Dubrovnik is a walled city with the most unusual, white limestone, which give the city a rather "polished" look!



With these friends, we always manage to find the yummiest drinks!! And strong!!!!!


Christina, Diana, and Kelly needed those margaritas after spending so much time waiting on me to find my lovely coral and pearl necklace and earrings!!!







The say you can find love anywhere.....



One thing I loved about our time in Dubrovnik, was the kayaking!!!!!!



 Walking the walls was so worth it, but whew! Hot!!



 







Luckily there was water to drink ~

 hehehe ~  Of course, not all of our selfies turned out....!



One of the loveliest things about Dubrovnik, are the swifts that sail overhead, filling the air with their song ~





 



And thus ended our trip for four!


Well, after some more wine!!!


Even the weather was sad about our trip nearing its end...



But my shoes seriously can not take much more!!!



No comments: