Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia

So, I found out today that I am not the only Gringo here who uses Babblefish to help learn Spanish phrases. Or that I am the only one to use Babblefish to prepare scripts for certain ventures (like the time I went with only-Spanish-speaking Alberto to buy my living room sofa tables).

Turns out that my friend, Marcia, does the same. In fact, she is more organized than I, in that she keeps her scripts for various occasions so that she can use them again in the future. Good plan.

Well, turns out that this weekend, my friend Marcia, went with Suzanne to the bank to get a copy of her statement. Suzanne came by to pick her up so Marcia quickly grabbed her coat, purse, and script and off they went. Well, downstairs in the bank, Marcia is told that she will have to go upstairs to talk to someone about getting a statement. No worries, she tells Suzanne (who is a fantastic Spanish speaker). Marcia is confident that with her script, which she is pulling out of her purse, she will be fine upstairs, and that Suzanne can wait downstairs. Suzanne, ever helpful, gets a peek at the script as Marcia is zipping her bag back up and her eye catches on the word "destacar" which means to color or highlight...... Luckily she asks Marcia about it and the two of them discover that Marcia had picked up her script for the hairdressers! So the two of them made a spectacle of themselves laughing until tears ran down their cheeks at the thought of Marcia upstairs in the very austere bank asking for a little off the ends, color for her roots, and a few highlights!!!!!!

What a great Monday story! Thanks Marcia!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I didn't even know there was a Rowan Tree! Thanks for sharing the info. I didn't do that on purpose by the way. Laurel tree, Rowan Tree . . .