Sunday, August 25, 2013

My New Neighborhood ~

No pictures of the new apartment yet, but I did time my walk from there to my school - 4 minutes (I think I can walk that in -20degrees...).  Here are some snapshots of my new neighborhood:


 This is at the little pub halfway between my place and the school.  It's located on the Vilnia River.





The Mermaid of the Uzupis

My new apartment is located in a 'suburb' called Uzupio (or Uzupis), which means, "the place beyond the river".  So I have to cross this bridge on my way to and from school or the Old Town of Vilnius.  Uzupio is the artsy part of town.  It's quiet and is the home of many artisans (and fewer tourists).

Here are some of the sights I see on my way to school:







I think I will like it here ~
 

1 comment:

Christina said...

You are so lovely. <3 I love how you get to cross a bridge to school every day. How quaint.