Monday, December 22, 2008

My Girls Are Here!!!!!!

That's right. The waiting and moping and weeping is finally over ~ my girls are here!!!! And what a joy it is to be with them again. I am the luckiest woman alive to have daughters who want to spend time with me and who leave other family and friends to be with me at such a warm and fuzzy time of year.

So you might be wondering what we are doing???? LOTS and LOTS!

Jennifer and Christina got here bright and early on Sunday morning so we headed straight to the apartment and took a little nap. We were up and out by 10 though, and on our way to the outdoor artisans fair in the little township of Usaquen. This was a trip I have been planning since the first time I visited the market. It is just a quaint market with all kinds of local arts for sale.





We tried some new fruit: mangositos and chellisoad...... (not sure of spelling here!!!!) as well as some delicious green mango with salt and lime juice!



We even got to see a whole pig. Did not try that......



Nor did Christina really try that doobie from Bob!!!!

The girls found some art for their homes ~ just like I knew they would. They each chose a piece by a man who makes designs out of tree bark (prettier than it sounds!!!) and a piece from a man who etches metal and then paints it and mounts in on a dark wood. Everything they found is GORGEOUS!!!



And we saw the first of many beautiful architectural features here in Bogota. Christina LOVED this electric blue!!!!

Then we headed home to drop off our things and go out to dinner at one of my favorite little places, Olivetto's. I was a little disappointed because the woman who is ALWAYS there and waits on me wasn't there! Dang it. Oh well, we enjoyed the food and company regardless!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool Bob statue! And cool pig! haha