Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ah, the culinary experiences!

So, while we are talking about all the different fruits available here in Colombia, I thought I would take a moment to reflect on the food and how the girls enjoyed it.... or not.....

While Christina was pretty open to the variety,





and offered it gleefully to her sister for a taste,



Jennifer was, well, lets just say she takes more time to.... smell,



inspect,



scrutinize,



investigate her food



before tasting it.


Matt even joined us for breakfast Christmas morning~ LOL

And not always with the desired result! Poor Jennifer nearly starved here in Colombia!!



Of course sometimes it really wasn't her fault....


Yeah.... pretty sure that is a piranha ~ even though the cooking staff denied it.

The bright spot was that Jennifer provided Christina and me HOURS of hilarity at dinner tables!!!!!!!! And we always had a walk to the bookstore to look forward to when meals were..... tough.





Luckily though, we did find a Hard Rock Cafe for our Christmas dinner, so Jennifer was able to enjoy our holiday feast!!



Ah, thank heaven's for the hamburger!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! crazy fish head. I don't know if I'd want to eat that either haha. I love Jennifer's faces when inspecting the food :) Also, what was that thing Christina was passing across the table?

Christina said...

HAHAHA! This was my favorite post!!

So detailed and... accurate!

Oh the deep abyss.. said...

I think it was the grenadilla she was passing me. That was actually delicious even though it looks like pomegranite/fish eggs inside.