Saturday, February 13, 2016

The Pyramids at Giza & the Sphinx!!!!!


What a way to spend my birthday - finally a trip to Egypt. This is absolutely the trip my child-self has dreamed of for... well, pretty much forever! I was going to grow up to be an archaeologist - and that was a legit dream, way before Indiana Jones made it seem cool. 





Probably the strangest part of this trip was.... 


Seeing the pyramids from the city of Cairo!!!  Yup, one minute you're driving in a congested city, trying to focus on the traffic, and the next minute you look to the right and ~ Pyramids!!!!!



Happy Birthday to me!




















And then the Sphinx!  I cannot express to you how surreal it felt to actually be this close to those images from the books of my childhood!





Hehehe





Another dream attained :)










No comments: