Friday, April 30, 2010

School Moments

Colombia is celebrating it's 200th birthday this year, and our school got in on some of the action. We invited the president's band to come and play for the kids; we held a delightful art show one whole week in which both students and teachers participated; and one of my second grade classes, with the direction of their amazing Spanish teacher, put on a play that told the story of this country's fight for independence. I was very proud to see my students perform so beautifully!!!!

I would narrate the photos, but unfortunately the show was in Spanish..... and my grasp on the history is limited. I do know that the wife of Simon Bolivar was instrumental in getting the fight for independence rolling, and the many great men were in on the battle.

















No comments: