Saturday, March 21, 2009

ASSAA

CNG is hosting this year's American Schools of South America Association conference. For four (plus) days. What a job. Not only have the behind the scenes staff worked horrible hours to get everything gorgeous for the event (flowers, tents, special dishes, meals, umbrellas and walkers for the rainy afternoon.....) but the academic staff, too, got into the action. Some of the staff were actually presenters at the conference, and some of us (like the math people) are going to quasi present with Janis tomorrow.

On top of that, though, we all had to attend the evening functions for the visiting presenters and conference attendee. So, on Thursday night from 7-10 we all returned to school for the opening remarks by, well, lots of people! And tonight we headed back to campus for the Colombian Night.

I have to say that despite the fact that I (and all my friends) was beat and just wanted to put my jammies on and climb into bed (oh, did I mention that report cards are due Tuesday????), I dragged myself to school for this last evening event. And boy was I glad. Even though I missed the prefunking with some friends, I really enjoyed the show. There was classical guitar, traditional Colombian music by our high school music teacher and some of his friends, and then his students. There were even traditional dances performed by some of Aaron's 6th grade students! Boy, Colombianas can move!

It was a great way to end (sort of) the week.

No comments: